you take my breath away
and give me heart aches.


Friday, November 20, 2009

Winfrey I love you.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oprah Winfrey quits TV show after 25 years




Oprah Winfrey, the reigning monarch of daytime chat and occasional champion of presidents and authors, is to announce on her television show today that after nearly a quarter of a century of syndication success she is preparing to quit her show for good the year after next.


It is a measure of Ms Winfrey's importance on the cultural landscape of America, that a 22-month lead time to her shuttering the show seems an appropriate amount of warning to her fans and advertisers. "The sun will set on the Oprah show as its 25th season draws to a close on September 9, 2011," the New York affiliate of the ABC Network said on its bulletins last night.

Even after so long on the air, Ms Winfrey, 55, still commands the heights of daytime chat. Through her syndication deals, her programme, The Oprah Winfrey Show, reaches some 7 million homes daily in the US. It is carried mostly on ABC stations, but is distributed by CBS Television Distribution. "We have the greatest respect for Oprah and wish her nothing but the best in her future endeavours," CBS said.

Vanish Ms Winfrey will not. She will tell viewers that her purpose in leaving is to focus on the new channel she has long been preparing to launch. To be called OWN – the Oprah Winfrey Network – it is in development in partnership with Discovery Communications and will focus on women's issues.


Aaaah I'm so panicky now. Gah, no. thats not cool. I was just about to post something up here to tell you that I'm about to leave for Penang and I just left my class party which was good cause there were good food, but the first freaking thing that I saw when I turned on my Internet Explorer was OPRAH QUITS! No. I hate this. I love her. Everyone does. She's a hero to many. We all know that.

I shall go and protest now. Bye -.-

Posted at 2:33 PM
0 comments


  • myself :)



    welcome to my blog
    *wiggle eyebrows* :)

    name : farah zahidah
    age : 16 years old
    dateofbirth : 12 JUNE 1993
    currently : online-ing.

    TWITTER
    Friendster
    email : fazadezazu@hotmail.com
    facebook : farahz_roxz2@hotmail.com
    msn : fazadezazu@hotmail.com
    skype : fazadezazu


scream your lungs out


photos

<3 loves

  • FATJAS
    My Soulmate
    Chocolates
    Family
    Clothes
    Gossip
    Technology
    Music
    Dance
    Oprah
    Cooking Shows

remembered